Specialists Recruiters in Commercial, Engineering, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Technical and Professional Roles
York: 01904 677000Hull: 01482 314955Rotherham: 01709 917517Tech & Professional: 01482 310310
Meeting Your Needs Today
Our client based in Pocklington is looking for a multi skilled maintenance engineer to start ASAP, the role is full time and permanent.
The factory based in Pocklington is a manufacturer of building products, there is a need for the knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics and mechanical fitting.
The factory work on 12 hour shifts, no weekends but there is a mix of days and nights 6-6. 4 days out of 7
• Ensure plant and facilities are maintained to high standards at all times.
• Ensure plant downtime meets targets whilst maintaining safety and cleanliness in the workplace.
• To manage and improve plant and facilities whilst ensuring all works comply to SHE guidelines.
• To manage and maintain engineering stores including stock assessment and inventory levels.
• To demonstrate continuous improvement.
• Report and record all works using Shire system.
• To build and maintain working relationships with customer departments within the business.
• To assist with the implementation of engineering solutions and cost effective repairs.
• To support production and maintenance teams to ensure plant exceeds its targets for performance, quality and safety.
• Help the site to work towards zero harm.
• Time served apprenticeship. Preferably multi skilled.
• Qualified NVQ level 3 minimum.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Good SHE awareness.
• Good fault finding skills.
• Experience of TPM and PPM systems.
• Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Access)
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Fabrication skills
• Hydraulic and Pneumatic experience