Would you like the chance to work for a company that pride themselves on supplying the highest quality of stock to their customers? This company was established in 1962 is a leader in their field. They supply major retailers with their products and take pride in quality, safe manufacturing, handling and storage of their product.
The working hours for this position consist of 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 (Monday to Sunday inclusive), normal hours of work are 8:00am – 5:00pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break. Will be required to work the on call rota and 1 in 3 weekends. Night work: May be required, dependent on project and maintenance work schedules
This role is based in Murton, so you must hold a valid driving licence and have your own transport to commute to and from work.
The Salary for this position is £35,000 per annum.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Engineering team ensuring both business and customer expectations are met. The role will require a dynamic individual who is able to lead and build strong and effective working relationships. You will be required to work efficiently and flexibly to ensure the smooth running of production. We are looking for someone who has high standards, a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience in welding, fabricating, working with motor gearboxes and conveyors.
Job Tasks will include but not be limited too;
• Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment performance KPI’s
• Contribute and oversee improvement projects
• Support sites technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance
• Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a pro-active engineering culture
• Carrying out preventative maintenance, working to schedule
• Completion of reactive maintenance work when machinery breaks down to ensure impact to line efficiencies is minimised
• Team working on site development projects
• Ensure high, thorough and efficient standards of engineering workmanship across the site
• Contribute to the development of existing and new standards for key items of equipment and facilities
• Lead high standards of Health and Safety practices across the business, at all times
• Play a crucial part in the on-call rota
• Cover holidays and absences when required
• Lead, inspire and work well in a team of engineers Skills
• An extensive background in a fast-paced production environment in both mechanical and electrical machinery
• Good team working and leadership skills
If you like the sound of working for a company that believes in Group equality, fairness and diversity then this is the role for you. The company we are recruiting for are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who are fully committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. They value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to their organisation and encourage applications from everyone.
If you feel as if you would be suited to this position please apply with your most up to date CV to chat with one of our consultants!