Our client based in Sherburn In Elmet is looking for a full time and permanent Electrically Biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer. DAYS ONLY
The shift pattern is
Mon – Fri 06:00 – 14:00
Mon – Fri 13:00 – 21:00
On call for nights on earlies shift.
Every fourth weekend on call
Responsibility for the overall maintenance of the site including both reactive and planned maintenance tasks, fault finding , plant optimisation while supporting the Engineering Manager creating capital plans and budget. Maximise efficiency, service and feed consistency while ensuring that feed safety and health and safety standards are never compromised.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance utilising agreed schedule
• Carry out reactive maintenance as required
• Ensure recording of both reactive and planned maintenance
• Order and maintain a stock of mill spares, along with sourcing parts and other spares in a cost effective manner
• Ensure that the achievement of food safety is always a priority
• Support a strong Health and Safety culture while maintaining compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Law and Policy.
• Support the continuous Improvement programme through idea generation.
• Quick resolution to plant breakdowns, faults, leaks etc.
• In association with the Operations Manager & Site Management complete the preventative maintenance schedule on time and within costs
• Tasks to be completed in a safe manner and all equipment to be kept in a safe condition
• Minimise Plant downtime due to mechanical and electrical failure
• Monitor plant condition on a regular basis to prevent unnecessary equipment failures
• Support the Plant internal hygiene audit ensuring contribution to score increases audit on audit
• Work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager to contribute to 5-year Capital plan, identifying productivity and equipment energy and efficiency improvements
• Ensure the site is Electrically & Mechanically safe
• Contribute by identifying energy cost saving initiatives
• Drive workshop and work area housekeeping improvement to a very high standard
• Ensure all contractors working on-site are managed within company standards and utilise the appropriate systems, such as PTW, where required. Measures
• KPIs, budgets, costs and performance assessments for production & distribution
• Internal employee survey score • Health & Safety audit scores and accident statistics