Specialists Recruiters in Commercial, Engineering, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Technical and Professional Roles
York: 01904 677000Hull: 01482 314955Rotherham: 01709 917517Tech & Professional: 01482 310310
Meeting Your Needs Today
We are currently looking for a Book Keeper to join one of our clients based in Wetherby.
The role will be working Monday – Friday, Day working hours only, and the rate of pay is to be discussed on Interview.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the day to day management of the company’s internal financial affairs and legal compliance for such activities.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for:
1. Daily usage of financial processes, enhancing and improving where necessary
2. Balancing of accounts on a day to day basis
3. Liaising with the Directors, clients, suppliers, banking, and accountants
4. Booking in of supplier invoices, checking and disputing where necessary
5. Processing invoices and checking and disputing where necessary
6. Preparing payments to suppliers
7. Ensuring monies owed is received on time, expediting overdue accounts
8. Submission of documents as required by law and government agencies
9. Submitting financial reports to head office (Germany)
10. Preparation of profit and loss accounts and basic monthly reporting
11. Payroll, in collaboration with external accounts
12. Auditing, in collaboration with external accountants
13. Working in collaboration with external accounts in the preparation of VAT and other returns
14. Responsible for screening new customers in accordance with export control procedures and company policy, and for informing others when a customer’s status changes.
15. Credit checking for existing and potential new accounts
16. Stock cost/level reviews
This role may require from time to time to be flexible to the needs of the business, dependent upon skills, qualification, and experience.
If you are interested in this role and can start straight away, please apply with a full and up to date CV.