Why Hire Permanent Staff?
There are many reasons why you need to fill a vacancy for a permanent member of staff:
- Replacement of a leaver
- Fill vacancy after an internal promotion
- Business expansion
The DIY Route – Time Consuming, Troublesome & Potentially Disastrous
Finding a permanent member of staff to fit in with you, your organisation, and your existing staff is not a task to be taken lightly. It might seem an attractive option – but it can quickly result in spiraling costs and eat up all of your time. Time that would be better spent running your business.
Some of the things you would need to do when recruiting a new member staff includes:
- Writing a job ad
- Finding the best place to advertise
- Advertising costs
- Screening potentially hundreds of applicants
- Setting up interviews
- Carrying out initial interviews
- Follow up letters for further interviews
- 2nd interview
- Preparing and sending acceptance and rejection letters
- Checking references
- CRB checks – where required
- Adhere to Government and European legislation and red tape
The DIY route is stressful, time consuming and potentially dangerous if you get it wrong. It’s easy to get tangled in the red tape of bureaucracy but cutting corners is not an option. For example it could lead to claims of discrimination if you can’t prove why some candidates were unsuitable.
Use an Expert
We are experts at hiring staff and for a small fee we do all of the work listed above – so you don’t have to. At the end of the process we provide you with a shortlist of suitable candidates for the role. You just have to hold a final interview to select your new member of staff. Easy.